Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Stuff and some other Stuff.

So, I see I haven't posted often or recently. I do want to post more often, and I have lots of things I think about blogging... oh well, we're all here now so let's get on with it.

It's been a busy summer so far. Nora has started Karate, and is loving it. She's seen Disney's 'Mulan' perhaps a few times and was really looking forward to being 'like Mulan'. So much so, that in class when Sensei asked the students for examples of an appropriate time to use what they learn in class, other students made suggestions like "When someone bad tries to steal you" or "When someone is hitting your sister." Nora announced "When the Hun attack". Well, Sensei had to admit, that was a good time to use your Karate skills.
If I were the Hun, I'd be scared - wouldn't you?

Also, on a martial arts note, I would like to point out to anyone who may be confused, Tai Chi is NOT Yoga. I'm not certain how or why this is being confused, but I've lost count of how many times in the last 2 weeks when I have inquired at various dojo around the region about Tai Chi instruction/classes/etc, I've been pointed in the direction of a local Yoga group. Now, I've got nothing against yoga, and I'm sure it's wonderful, but I'm looking for TAI CHI.

Also, it turns out this small non-farm property has 3 pear trees, 1 apricot, 2 apple, blackberry and raspberry bushes, and in the front yard.... 2 Bing Cherries - my favorite (and I filled this several times):

In other news, Cleopatra is now available... and even better? IN STOCK.


Now if you'll excuse me, I need to get Nora to Karate and find the directions to what I hope is an actual Tai Chi meet-up tonite, and not a Yoga class.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea! I've ordered mine! I don't know how I'm going to be able to wait until next year to get my Phoenix socks kit, but hopefully this will tide me over a little while...

lorylyn (Ravelry)

Anonymous said...

Nora is clearly on the job, as there are NO Huns on the entire continent. Good work, Nora!

And you, such a lady of leisure, eating cherries as you move from Single Whip to Wave Hands Like Clouds -- yeah, I can see it.

Astrid

Anonymous said...

Jennifer, can you ship your mom some of those cherries please, or ship your mom there.
Nora is one awesome kid,hiyee!!!
love,
mom
"Reflections of Ewe"

Wudas said...

We missed reading your blog. Glad you are back.

Colleen said...

I take water yoga. There is another teacher at that pool who teaches Ai Chi, which is water tai chi. They have found that they can sub for each other, that the classes are similar enough that people are satisfied. But I find yoga is more of a workout/stretch, and ai chi is more of a stretch/mediation. Both quite useful!

But you'd expect a karate teacher to know the difference!!!!!

Anonymous said...

so glad to see you're back and survived your move! glad I'm not a Hun...

Melanie