Thursday, April 05, 2007

Still Catching Up.

Knitting Tip Number 2.
There is nothing magical about a 24 inch loop. 29 inches, 32 inches, both very magical when it comes to knitting a sock on (or is that with?) 'the magic loop'. No matter how hard you try, this will only end in madness.


And Miss Tsarina, yes, you should feign enlightenment for my sake & let me keep what little dignity I have left. We shall forever more pretend understand that these knitting 'revelations' come to me in divine moments of knitting bliss and serenity. Very ZEN-like ya know. (ya'll got yer boots on, right?)
And, since we're taking time to respond to commentary, that 'top down raglan' is coming along nicely, thank you very much. More on that later.

The lovely toe-up toe (duh) using my own BlackJack multiple repeat yarn. I must say, I am LOVING the tiny little color repeats.








Note to whoever keeps searching on 'Beautiful Icelandic Girls'. DUDE. (at least, one assumes it's a dude...) These are SHEEP. Now, move along please. And, on the off chance that the fact that they are SHEEP does NOT bother you, PLEASE I beg of you, move along even faster.


Quote of the day: Do not anger the Dragon for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Madness? maybe (though not necessarily caused by the shortness of the needle...).

Very great inconvenience? absolutely.

Worth it? well... the sock looks pretty good so far, I must say. It's up to you how much of the credit for that you want to assign to the yarn. But those tiny little color repeats didn't knit themselves, you know.

BTW last night they were playing "Messiah" on the radio, and I happened to tune in in the middle of "All We Like Sheep." Whaddya bet that refers to Icelandics....